If your Infotainment/Headunit is bricked, then there might be a chance to recover it.

If your Infotainment/Headunit is bricked, then there might be a chance to recover it.

SonicSpinner
  • Danke erhalten: 750 Mal
read
Hey guys,

So due to popular demand ( I suppose ;) ) I will describe what i did in order to unbrick my headunit in my ioniq ev 2019.

A quick summary of why my HU died. Like other car nerds I installed different apps on the headunit, through the hidden service/android menu.
Days later i went to my dealer and asked them to update to the latest software. ( I didnt know back then that the latest sw blocks the hidden android menu, )
after the upgrade the headunit went into boot loop and the dealer didnt know what to do abou it.
I spend weeks searching the internet to the deepest of the deepest sites to find any ways of recover it. Untill i saw a thread on reddit on this guy who accidently or randomly tried some keyboard commands on the car.

So the method is:

Plug in a usb keyboard to the front usb port of the car. and turn on the car. Then repeatedly press ALT + PRINT SCREEN + E. This will take your head unit into forced firmware update (I think). After doing it repeatedly the unit told ME that it was doing firmware update (but no usb with update was plugged in). To another person in another forum that had the unit bricked it told him (after several presses) that there was an issue with his firmware and to rollback. Everytime you press the combination, the touch stops responding, after a couple seconds it reboots. If you press the combination BEFORE it boots you will see weird lines on the screen. It will restart itself. If you keep doing it, it will eventually tell you that its a firmware update or, in the other case, will tell you if you can rollback the FW. CTRL + ALT + DEL will reboot the unit (Tested on a Hyundai Ioniq hybrid early 2019 EU and Hyundai ioniq EV 2019. EU )

Another guy on this forum " Koln Bonner " added this info in Germany: This could be important for those who can not make the key commands i mentioned to work.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Falls die oben stehenden Tastenkombinationen nicht funktionieren:

Von Linux kenne ich folgendes, wenn gar nichts mehr geht: ALT+Druck/SysRq halten, und dann langsam REISUB schreiben (alle 2 Sekunden ein Buchstabe).

Das führt nacheinander folgende Kommandos aus: "unraw" (Kontrolle über Tastatur übernehmen), "terminate" (Kommando an alle Programme schicken, dass sie sich beenden sollen), "kill" (alle Programme beenden), "sync" (Daten aus Cache auf Festplatte schreiben), "unmount" (alle Dateisysteme nur lesend mounten) und "reboot" (sofort neu starten).

Da das auf einem niedrigen Level im Linux Kernel implementiert ist, der auch von Android verwendet wird, gehe ich davon aus, dass das auch geht.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, hopefully you guys with the bricked headunit get it to work again. Another tip is, MAYBE i was lucky i made it work, the trick is sometime to wait.
when the scramble screen comes, i think its doing something in the background which you cant see. maybe a count down to roll back. try and leave it there for 1 min or something. then CTRL + ALT + DEL. This was few months ago for me, so i cant remember exactly. but I think the menu with " roll back Yes - NO " was barely visible in the scrambled screen.

Good luck!
Anzeige

Re: If your Infotainment/Headunit is bricked, then there might be a chance to recover it.

USER_AVATAR
read
Just to add that I have never tried the Magic SysRq with Alt+Print/SysRq+R,E,I,S,U,B on a car. These are simply standard Linux kernel commands.

The Alt+Print/SysRq+E mentioned above is the "terminate" command. The Alt+Print/SysRq+R for "unraw" is probably not necessary on the car if the "terminate" command works. And if the unit reboots immediately on the "terminate" command, the rest of the commands listed above are not really necessary.
Ioniq 28 kWh Premium mit Sitzpaket, Intense Blue, Michelin CrossClimate+, Produktionsdatum 16.4.2019 - Abholung in Landsberg am 14.9.2019 (Sangl #588)

Re: If your Infotainment/Headunit is bricked, then there might be a chance to recover it.

lleo
read
Hi Guys,

I currently try to bring an i30N 2019 Headunit back to life. From what I know it froze during an update and is in this stage ever since:
Bild

In various thread I read about using a keybaord with ALT+Print+E for force-update and CTRL-ALT-DEL for reboot. Both combinations seem to work. After hitting ALT+Print+E a few times I ended up here:
Bild
It says it's doing the update (also when no SD Card is inserted). It stays like this for 1-2 minutes, then says "system is going to reboot", reboots and gets to the same screen again. This repeats 3 times, then it's back to the Hyundai Logo again.
How did you guys get it to revert the system changes / go back to a working version? Did you force-reboot after getting to the update screen? If yes, how often?

I tried the above both with SD Card inserted and without SD Card

Thanks & BR,
Leo
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „IONIQ - Infotainment“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag