Needed:
* >Windows7 PC
* Empty USB-drive with >8GB memory
* TomTom account
* >59 Euro
* Patience...

1. Connect formatted (min) 8GB USB-drive to center console of 500E
2. Choose ‘Settings - Navigation Updates’. Follow steps. Unplug USB-drive
3. Connect USB-drive to PC. Open ‘ttgo.bif’ with text-editor (Notepad). Increase available size 'FreeSpaceEMCC’ to e.g. 6GB. Safe/overwrite file. Safely remove USB-drive and reconnect to PC.
4. Install TomTomHome (TTH)
5. As current version of TTH does not allow to purchase from within the software: go to www.tomtom.com (‘shop - maps’) and log on with credentials (account needed)
6. Buy Europe map (starts at Euro 59)
7. After successful purchase, the download will become visible in TTH
8. In TTH: choose ‘Update my Uconnect’ and start download/update process
9. After download (5.4GB) and during the installation process TTH will stop as certain files in 'Europe4.ZIP’ are not allowed. (e.g. Abarth.fts)
10. Go to the specific directory on your PC: documents-tomtom-home-download-complete-map-europe
11. Make backup copy first & then unzip ‘Europe_4.zip’ and delete all .fts files. Re-zip to the same name/directory
12. In TTH go to the next page (click: more) & choose ‘manage my device’
13. Go to 3rd TAB and click ‘Install Items from Computer’.
14. After successful installation check TTH ‘Manage my Device’ first TAB ‘Items on Device’ to see that Europe-map was installed on USB-drive
15. Remove USB-drive safely and connect it to 500E. The system will ask you if you like to update the system with the new map: YES. Congratulations!
Fiat 500E in den Niederlanden: www.f500e.nl
Anzeige

Re: Fiat 500e 2016 Uconnect 5 TomTom EuropaKarte

USER_AVATAR
read
Hallo zusammen,
da ich nicht auf den Trick mit einem kleinen Land gekommen bin, hab ich mir etwas anders geholfen, so lief's bei mir:

Zuerst einen Stick (min 8GB) vorbereiten gemäß Anleitung im Navi. (Am Navi anstecken und im Menü den Punkt „aktualisieren“ suchen. Das Navi fragt dann ob der Stick vorbereitet werden soll.
TomTomHome vom Internet herunterladen.
Stick an PC anstecken, TTHome öffnet automatisch.
Auf „Karten zum Kauf“ gehen, Karte Europa auswählen und kaufen.
Der Stick muss dauernd angesteckt bleiben, der PC hält den Stick für das Navi.
Karte herunterladen auf den PC.
Das Programm gibt sofort nach dem Herunterladen die Meldung „Die Datei Abart.fts passt nicht zum Gerät Uconnect5“
Dann im Explorer des PC’s in den heruntergeladenen Dateien die Datei „Europe_4“ suchen.
In dieser Datei alle Unterdateien mit der Endung „.fts“ löschen.
Wenn man jetzt über TTHome versucht die Karte mittels „Meinen Uconnect verwalten“ zu installieren mit „Elemente vom Computer installieren“, beginnt die Installation, bricht aber nach ca. der Hälfte ab und bringt die Fehlermeldung „Festplatte zu klein (-2,43 GB)“.
Das kommt daher das auf dem Stick der belegte und vorhandene freie Speicher vom Navi hinterlegt ist. Laut Stick ist der ca. halb voll, da die Karte „USA_Canada_Mexico“ noch auf dem Navi ist. Sie lässt sich mittels TTHome nicht löschen. Der Speicherplatz für beide Karten, Europa und USA, ist zu gering.
Jetzt müssen wir dem PC vorgaukeln dass auf dem Navi genug Platz ist.
Dazu öffnet man im PC-Explorer die Dateien auf dem Stick (der weiterhin eingesteckt ist) und sucht die Datei „ttgo.bif“.
Diese Daten können mit dem Programm „Notepad++“ (event. herunterladen) geöffnet und bearbeitet werden. Dort findet man die Einträge „FreeSpaceEMMC=3421112321“ und „TotalSpaceEMMC=7853125632“.
Jetzt trägt man den gleichen Wert von „TotalSpace…“ bei „FreeSpace…ein. Der PC glaubt nun einen freien Speicher zu haben und man kann die Karten mittels „Meinen Uconnect verwalten“ auf dem Stick installieren, mit „Elemente vom Computer installieren“, beginnt die Installation. Das dauert dann eine Weile, bei mir ca. 20 min, bis alles auf dem Stick ist.
Ist die Installation auf dem Stick abgeschlossen, kann dieser bei eingeschalteter Zündung ( Navi ist an) in den USB-Slot gesteckt werden. Das Navi erkennt den Stick und fragt ob es mit der Installation beginnen soll. Jeweils bestätigen und die Zündung eingeschaltet lassen bis der Download auf’s Navi abgeschlossen ist. Die alten Karten werden dabei überschrieben.

pholod
read
Hi again,

as described by some of you it is not working for me. Turkey map is available with the others like US, Canada, Latam. However not EU. As of now in my radio Turkey map is loaded, so at least closer to us, than US :)
Anyway.
found few other items.
1st one is device serial number which in my case starts from TO. as per TO.ddf file located in C:\Program Files (x86)\TomTom HOME 2\Resources\Devices it is for US. i believe this is the reason why TTH is not showing any EU map. 'TO' is assigned for Turkey that's way it is available.
there is other file in the same location TP.ddf with EU. So what i did I have changed in ttgo.bif file device serial from TO to TP. once TTH opened Europe map is available (TTH once opened is asking about replacing device linked to account). it is possible to download it and copy to USB stick.
however radio in the car showing info this is incorrect map. Upgrade in the car was checked having in ttgo.bif changed number starts from TP and also original device number starts from TO. for both no luck with upgrade.

any advice from any of you?

nimbybv
  • Danke erhalten: 12 Mal
  • Website
read
The upgrade is linked to the serialnumber... So when you changed it from TO to TP, you can purchase the EU map, but it will not match with the Uconnect in your car.

I have done 3 cars with map 1040, but apparently TomTom brought out a new version of the map (1045) and that one is no longer compatible with our cars 😤

Maybe Tomtom is willing to supply you with a 1040 version... ?
Good luck & let us know!

pholod
read
do you know where in the map it is written Serial number? these are just file, so might be changed.
how TT can share with me 1040 v?

nimbybv
  • Danke erhalten: 12 Mal
  • Website
read
The mapversion is visible in 1 of the files on the pc. Sorry can't remember which one. It says <version>1040.9846 </version>

I am not sure if TT is willing to do that. You need to ask. Not really impressed by their support....

pholod
read
Europe_0.tlc located C:\Users\...\Documents\TomTom\HOME\Download\complete\map\Europe_-_1_year_Map_Update_Service
with:
contentprotection devicecode= XXXXX
InstallRestrictions deviceId=XXXX
and
version=1045.10064&amp;muid=TPyyyyyy

trying with some other changes now...

pholod
read
No luck :(

rgrh
read
Hallo, bin neu im Forum und hab mit Interesse die Installationsanleitungen gelesen. Mein Problem ist, dass bei Tom Tom Home nach dem Verbinden mit den Gerätedaten via Stick und dem Anklicken des Buttons „Karten zum Kauf“ dort die Meldung „Keine Inhalte verfügbar“ kommt. Kann mir jemand über diese Klippe helfen?

pholod
read
this situation is because device number of your Uconnect most probably is starting from TO. you can check this on your USB stick in ttgo.bif file once opened in Notepad. Based on this TTH is recognizing region and available maps to be bought/downloaded. TO is for US and LATAM.
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „500e (US-Modell) - Infotainment“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag