New way to access engineering menu and install apps on infotainment (for early 2020 update)

Re: New way to access engineering menu and install apps on infotainment (for early 2020 update)

g4rb4g3
  • Danke erhalten: 179 Mal
read
@boris @rockfred
Da werden sie geholfen:
viewtopic.php?f=173&t=56653
Creator of the fabulous ABRPTransmitter for Ioniq BEV :)
Bild
Anzeige

Re: New way to access engineering menu and install apps on infotainment (for early 2020 update)

techart
read
SonicSpinner hat geschrieben: Credits goes to devtekve and G4rb4g3

Original post: https://www.ioniqforum.com/threads/new- ... ate.35209/

Before doing anything, you need to be on a version that does support easy access to engineering menu to install apps.
Also, I am in no way responsible if you destroy you head unit. I am just saying what worked for me. Up to you and your responsibility.

To begin with, before updating, do a full factory reset, lets not have any other stuff installed on your head unit.

Do factory reset

Install file manager +

Install my APK (template taken from g4rb4g3)

Enable developer mode and enable install from unknown sources

Cross fingers and do the update.

Once update is done, plug in a USB filemanager will prompt if you want to open using it, click OK

On apps, select my app.

Double tap the settings button (physical key) and this will open engineering CTS menu.

Enable ADB through network
you can now install APK's through ADB

functions of my app:
Double tap within 2 seconds the hour and will take you to engineering menu

Double tap within 2 seconds the map key and will open Android Auto

Double tap within 2 seconds the info key and will open the rear camera (must have camera pro installed)

Double tap within 2 seconds config key and will open the CTS Menu (used to enable ADB)
Download the needed apps: Apps needed.7z (does not include file manager +)

Note: Settings app has been completely removed, it is impossible to install apps if not using ADB.
Note2: My app is only a forwarder, it only add functions to existing buttons
Note3: If you do a factory reset or do update without the steps above, you will not be able to enter any engineering menu that allows you to install stuff

Originally Posted by devtekve
I did it myself on my car... I saw someone that had updated and forgot to do the factory reset and it worked, and from there I made the plan of leaving some apps as backdoor (my app, which allows arbitrary apps to be opened such as the engineering menu and cts menu) and I took the risk and updated. And voilá it worked.

That wouldn't have been possible if not for g4rb4g3, who did the original app, I just modified it to do stuff I wanted where I wanted.

Edit: to be clear, the procedure is "mine" though I don't care about Credits. G4rb4g3 just did the framework on the app and since it was on github I just forked his code. I don't do android development so I just reused his solution and removed stuff that made it bigger. But he had no idea of this app, nor had any idea of the procedure at all.
Es ist wichtig zu betonen, dass die folgenden Schritte auf eigene Verantwortung durchgeführt werden sollten, und es besteht das Risiko, dass das Head-Unit beschädigt wird. Diese Anleitung basiert auf den Erfahrungen von "devtekve" und "G4rb4g3" und sollte mit Vorsicht und Verständnis für die potenziellen Risiken befolgt werden.

techart
read
corwin42 hat geschrieben: Ich habe heute die Firmware aktualisiert.

Ich habe eine spezielle Version von IoniqInfo drauf gelassen, mit der man in das CTS Test Menü kommt.
Fast alles andere habe ich entfernt. Freier Speicherplatz dann 1,2GB.
Es reicht natürlich auch die kleine App von g4rb4g3 die nur das CTS Test Menü öffnen kann.

Dann einfach die Firmware aktualisieren. Nach einem Reset der HeadUnit kann IoniqInfo dann wieder über zweifach Info Taste gestartet werden. Damit im CTS Test Menu und ADB über Wifi eingeschaltet. Dann wird mit der App die @g4rb4g3 oben wieder https://mobilespion.de/spionage/handy-ausspionieren/ installiert. Dauert damit zwar etwas, funktioniert aber perfekt.

Mit der Methode kann ich leben.

Was noch fehlt ist eine Möglichkeit, sich die IP vom Ioniq anzeigen zu lassen. Die benötigt man, um die Easy Fire Tools App zu konfigurieren.

Sie scheinen übrigens auch das Logging deaktiviert zu haben. Das erschwert leider etwas die Softwareentwicklung.
Diese Anpassungen können verschiedene Vorteile haben, einschließlich einer effizienteren Nutzung des Speicherplatzes und möglicherweise einer verbesserten Leistung.
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „IONIQ - Infotainment“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag