Snowy roads

Snowy roads

USER_AVATAR
  • JeroenS
  • Danke erhalten: 5 Mal
read
Hi all,

Question for the Germans;

Next month I'll travel to Leutkirch, so I guess I'll need snow chains (Schneekette). The MG is already driving on winter tires. Which is not necessarily by law in the Netherlands, but is in Germany. As is having snow chains with you in specific area's. Because of the weight of the car and space around the tire, I'll need profilkette. We're going to Center Parcs, so I will nog drive up any mountain. Are these ( https://www.amazon.nl/dp/B09QLZM157/?co ... pi_dp&th=1 ) allowed in Germany? I never had to have / or use snow chains, so don't know what to by, but profilkette are way more expensive than these snow change I've found on amazone.

Thnx for you replay

bg Jeroen
ordered mine MG Marvel Luxury concrete gray with black leather seats in March, delivery is scheduled half September.
Anzeige

Re: Snowy roads

USER_AVATAR
read
In Germany you don't have to take "Schneeketten" in your car with you for general. Only winter tires, if road is frozen or Snow on the road, are a must.
The only time you have to use "Schneeketten" is when its signposted with this sign:
verkehrsschild-268-in-deutschland.jpg
verkehrsschild-268-in-deutschland.jpg (97.52 KiB) 991 mal betrachtet
Leutkirchen is near to the Motorway. On Motorways in Germany you don't use snowchains in general. The only roads where they might be necessary are small steep roads in the "Allgäu"

So I think when you only drive to Leutkirchen center park and not throu the Alps there is no need to take chains with you. Good Winter tyres will do for the journey.
MG5 Luxury Standard Range und Trinity Uranus R 2020

USER_AVATAR
  • JeroenS
read
Thnx, we might take a trip to Allgäu and book a skiing course to get the kids aquatinted with skiing. So I think I'll have to take them with me, just in case. Socks are not allowed, so I've read.
ordered mine MG Marvel Luxury concrete gray with black leather seats in March, delivery is scheduled half September.

USER_AVATAR
read
Socs are allowed if you use them when you need more Traktion and it is not signposted that you have to use "Schneeketten".

As soon as you are asked to use them by the sign I posted the use of "Schneeketten" is required.
MG5 Luxury Standard Range und Trinity Uranus R 2020

HHonline
read
I found a specification for Austria - maybe similar requirements are valid for Germany.
link
See item 8, 9
8. WHAT SHOULD YOU CONSIDER WHEN BUYING SNOW CHAINS?
Rely on quality products! ÖNORM V5117 or V5119 is an important selection criterion when purchasing snow chains. At least the snow chains should be officially approved by the EU and marked accordingly.

9. ARE TRACTION AIDS PERMITTED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR SNOW CHAINS?
Driving aids are not a replacement for snow chains. These are also tire devices that are easy to install. However, these are intended for short journeys at low speeds. So they are suitable for situations in which you are stuck - in the truest sense of the word.
seit 12.12.2022 mit Marvel R performance auf Österreichs Straßen

Cyrius
  • Danke erhalten: 11 Mal
read
I did it the easy way some years ago, while we where visiting Norway for winterhollydays in a skiing area.
I bought some good wheel-chains for my Mercedes at Amazon, but I did not unpack them. After the tour, i send them back with amazon and got my money back because they where unused.
I just took them with us on the trip to be sure we wont end up in a slippery road with to much snow. But that was no problem at all.

Wizkid
  • Danke erhalten: 26 Mal
read
Actually as you are on Winter Tires I would suggest that you use the Winter Drive Mode if you really get into heavy snow. Up to now since 1978 when I got my drivers license - yes, I am that old - I have never needed chains in any conditions, even when going for skiing...

USER_AVATAR
  • JeroenS
read
Cyrius hat geschrieben: I did it the easy way some years ago, while we where visiting Norway for winterhollydays in a skiing area.
I bought some good wheel-chains for my Mercedes at Amazon, but I did not unpack them. After the tour, i send them back with amazon and got my money back because they where unused.
I just took them with us on the trip to be sure we wont end up in a slippery road with to much snow. But that was no problem at all.
Thnx, I guess that's the best option, haha!
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Marvel R Electric - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile