My "new" Fluence

Re: My "new" Fluence

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Today 4 weeks passed since the car was towed to Renault service.
The 12V battery was replaced, and the main fuse from the traction battery, it was "fused". However, the car still shows errors in the dash, and the technician can't access the CAN-bus relative to motor control and charge control. The traction battery looks fine as it was before.
No news this week, and I fear this will be tough and costly to repair. :(
José Pinto
Bild
Anzeige

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
I have good news, and bad news.

Good news:
My car will have the traction battery replaced, as it was slightly above 60% SOH, and it is still under warranty.
Yeeaaaahhh!!!!! :)

Bad news:
Nodody knows when the new battery will arrive, and the car has to wait at the shop.
It may take a long while for me to be mobile without oil again!
OOHHHH... :(
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Even though they know what must be done, I am still waiting for the replacement parts to arrive and the solution for me to move around until that is concluded.
Running out of my patience now. :( :(
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Renault Portugal called, they still don't know when or if the requested parts will arrive.
Answering the question I asked what could we do to bypass the problem, they offered me 3000€ for the car.
And said I couldn't have a "courtesy car" because the warranty is expired. I can't purchase a factory warranty extension either.
I totally rejected that, asked for a proposal of a similar car, or a car with same characteristics.
They will get back to me with another proposal.
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Here we are in September, the same "no solution" from Renault.
My car is stopped at the dealer since 23/july.
I understand they prefer to rent a new battery along with a brand new ZOE rather than give it to me, but there is minimum decency and brand name reputation at stake here. I suspect there is more to it than just replacing the battery, it it was that, the car would have less and less range, and not shut down completely.
Is it possible to get aftermarket motor-drives for this car? Those guys that convert cars to electric, they must have some idea!
Maybe I need a lawyer more than a technician now.
José Pinto
Bild

klwinkel
  • Danke erhalten: 7 Mal
read
I'm pretty much in the same situation, waiting for a final decision if a new battery will arrive, but my car is still driving (70-75% SOH), rent is set to 0 euro.
Renault offered me to buy the car from me for 5k, or a trade-in for 6k. had to pay extra 6k to get a much smaller zoe from 2014 with 22kwh battery too.
I refused the offers, the fluence drives perfect, just need a new battery according contract, I dont want to spend 6k to get a much smaller car, with same battery. i have the right for a new battery, or a decent compensation so i can buy a comparable car. I am patient, using twitter to keep the pressure on renault and some higher renault staff, and will continue to do so until I get a descent proposal.
I have seen that in France, a zoe is much cheaper, i have seen a 2016 ZOE-40 for arount 8.100 euro:
Screenshot_20190802-125543.png

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Well, my Fluence is stranded, no offer, no answer no nothing.
I suspect there is more to it than just the battery.
Mine has property battery, no loan, so they ought to replace it at their expense.
Or replace the car, or whatever solution they can come up with.
I am not willing now to trade for a new Zoe, they are asking from 34k plus battery rent.
This is insane.
Will file a complain.
Hiring a lawyer now.
I am fed up with Renault.
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Electric Renault are the least sustainable cars, not because of the cars. Those are just fine, but Renault service is putting cars out of service after just 6 years or less than 50000km. This is shocking to me, my other car has 30 years of service and 800000km and still going strong. Not a Renault, though.
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • jmbpinto73
read
Last week I had the car towed home, as there is no answer from Renault and the shop can't do nothing to the car without new parts. Made a small video, with a known good 12v battery in and the big HV fuse replaced. It shows the error "Motor fault", the N blinks when not in N and does not accept charge.

https://youtu.be/9T4ByRoVvdg

Is there something I could do, somewhere to look into?
José Pinto
Bild

USER_AVATAR
  • Andi42
  • Danke erhalten: 57 Mal
read
Hi José,

have you ever tried to read out the errors on your own? With an icarsoft 907?
You can also delete errors there. Possibly you can narrow down the problem to a certain module.

It might also be a bus problem. If the CAN bus for the drive (internal CAN) is distorted (e.G. charger disconnected) then you'll get electrical fault and cruise control errors. Makes no sense but it's like that.
It's difficult to do any diagnosis remotely so either you'll try to learn something about your car or you might have to abandon it.

Have you looked for animal-bitten cables under the bonnet?

Cheers
Andreas
Fluence Z.E. seit 12/2015 | Corbin Sparrow seit 09/2011 | Kewet ElJet3 von 10/2005 - 02/2016 | Peugeot Scootelec
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Fluence Z.E. - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile