EVNotify - überwache den Ladezustand Deines Elektroautos!

Alle Themen über Elektroautos, zu denen es kein eigenes Forum gibt
AntwortenAntworten Options Options Arrow

Re: EVNotify - überwache den Ladezustand Deines Elektroautos

USER_AVATAR
read
Bin gespannt aufs Update. Und nochmals: danke danke danke :)
Seit Oktober 2016 elektrisch unterwegs
im Kia Soul EV (17'er Modell).
Anzeige

Keith Alexander
read
Hi I signed up to thank the Author
I have a Soul EV and I am in the UK.

I tried out EVNotify last night via email updates and Telegram.
I tested it at home on the standard EVSE granny charger.

It worked ok for about an hour and sent the desired state of charge message as an email and via Telegram which I set at 30%
Then after about another hour it stopped responding to telegram requests

I think my cheap Ebay Bluetooth Adaptor hung or went to sleep or maybe the OBD power is turned off after a couple of hours?
I had to recycle the ignition to reestablish the connection.

I was hoping I could monitor fast home charging over a period of several hours but perhaps not, However for sending updates from a rapid charger this would not be a problem because the charge would complete before anything timed out.

One thing I really don't like is the password box!
Having to enter a password every time time to change a setting is really annoying.
Especially whilst learning to use the app and making regular changes to see what the settings do which are not very intuitive.

I tried the Charging Station list but it only shows one - my nearest one at Oswestry, can the search radius be selected or extended?

Lastly in a future release will it be possible to send commands to the car as well as receive them?

Everyone I know with a Soul in the UK would like to be able to turn on the heating remotely.
That is probably only a Can bus command or two.
I would happily pay for an App that could do that.

:)

USER_AVATAR
read
Hi, thank you!

This behavior is not normal - the monitoring should work, even over several hours. One or two people had the same problem (at least on an older version) - I can't reproduce this until today.

Presumably, a new update will be released tomorrow, which allows sending the debug data from the car to me directly. So I can detect misbehavior and errors more better and maybe I can detect the cause for this behavior on some devices or dongles.

Regarding to the password box: I can totally understand you. It's annoying, I know, but it's only for security reasons. The app works with a token, once you've created a account. With this token you can verify and authenticate. If you would share your token with third parties, they can probabl or can modify settings for your account. This is the reason, I ask for a password every time. But this will be modified in the future, at least, when autoSync is turned on, because the sync can work only with the token. In a future update you will have the possibilty to also renew your personal token. So, I'm working on a solution, to make it more user-friendly.

The charging station feature is in a very early development state. It will be enhanced within the next few updates. You will then have the possibility to filter and extend the radius. There will be also some other useful features for charging stations.

Remote execution of a command would be possible - BUT that's very dangerous. First - the user itself - if you send a command and you dont know what you are doing, you can possibly damage the car - second - other people which get access (however) to your account, could send harmful commands remotely. OBD2 interface by itself is dangerous by itself, but to get access to it, you need to get in close range. And you need time. If you have a remote execution function, you would have enough time and you could try the harmful commands without the knowledge of the victim.

But maybe I'm looking at this to critically. What do other people think?

At the end an info: Since yesterday there is a new, huge update in preparation for the backend server (https://github.com/GPlay97/EVNotifyBackend/pull/42). There will be some downtime, yesterday the downtime was for about 15 minutes.

A new update for the app itself is planned for tomorrow and will bring some nice changes hopefully :) Stay tuned ;)
Seit dem 25.07.2017 elektrisch mit dem IONIQ unterwegs. Bestell-Nr. 183.
Entwickler der EVNotify-App
Folg mir auf Twitter :-)

Keith Alexander
read
Thanks I do suspect the issue I had is with my BT device (it is a cheap one from eBay) or My Sony phone which also has a really annoying feature of not booting up with BT enabled :(

I am just installing Andoid-x86 on a spare laptop and will test again.

USER_AVATAR
read
GcAsk hat geschrieben: But maybe I'm looking at this to critically. What do other people think?
I wouldn't use an app which is capable of sending commands. Read only please.

USER_AVATAR
  • cacula
  • Danke erhalten: 2 Mal
read
Marienkarpfen hat geschrieben:
GcAsk hat geschrieben: But maybe I'm looking at this to critically. What do other people think?
I wouldn't use an app which is capable of sending commands. Read only please.
+1

USER_AVATAR
read
Ok - clearly :D No remote command execution ;)

I also have only a cheap one. But the cheap one is not as good as the "more expensive" one I had before it. Hm. I will see, if the debug data will say more.
Seit dem 25.07.2017 elektrisch mit dem IONIQ unterwegs. Bestell-Nr. 183.
Entwickler der EVNotify-App
Folg mir auf Twitter :-)

eriksson25
read
GcAsk hat geschrieben:Ok - clearly :D No remote command execution ;)

I also have only a cheap one. But the cheap one is not as good as the "more expensive" one I had before it. Hm. I will see, if the debug data will say more.
I would LOOOOOOVE to be able to turn on the heat/AC from an app. That is the number 1 thing missing with Ioniq (living up here in the snow). But I dont think its possible thrue the OBD2... Then we shuld have seen it alredy....

I would easy pay 100€ or more for it... And I know many many would do the same of the Nordic owners.

USER_AVATAR
read
Cgask. Maybe a chance to earn a little money: create an inApp payment into Evnotify to release the "premium features aka remote execution" :)

USER_AVATAR
  • Ernesto
  • Danke erhalten: 42 Mal
read
Sry Leute aber muss das sein mit dem Eng? Wir sind in einem deutsch sprechendem Forum und wenn ich mich in einem eng. sprechendem Forum aufhalte dann wird sich auch keiner die Mühe machen und nur wegen mir auf Deutsch zu schreiben.
Zuletzt geändert von Ernesto am Mo 27. Nov 2017, 12:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Gruß Tino
- Hyundai Ioniq 2017-2022- IO5 77,4kWh Basis+WP 12/2022
- Renault Zoe R110 meiner Frau seit 15.12.2018
- Renault Twingo ZE für die Tochter seit 09.07.2022
- PV-Anlage 7,95kWp + Tesla PW2
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe