Hacking into Zoe's CANbus

Zubehör für den Renault ZOE
AntwortenAntworten Options Options Arrow

Re: Hacking into Zoe's CANbus

USER_AVATAR
  • fesch
read
The URL you will need to track during the next week is here: http://canze.fisch.lu/
Anzeige

NorZE
read
Sounds great! Looking forward to checking it out.
Would definitely like to contribute in any way I can.
Norwegischer Zoe-Fahrer. Ich spreche nicht wirklich Deutsch, aber Google Translate ist mein Freund.

NorZE
read
It seems to be working just fine. A few of the values are way off, but I guess that's to be expected.

Great work so far!
Norwegischer Zoe-Fahrer. Ich spreche nicht wirklich Deutsch, aber Google Translate ist mein Freund.

jmeijer
  • Danke erhalten: 40 Mal
read
Hi NorZE, don't hesitate to report weird things, here or in a PM. We've not thought about bug tracking yet, but that will come.
Jeroen - ZOE Q210 Nov 2013 - PV powered - CanZE co-developer http://canze.fisch.lu

USER_AVATAR
  • tommy_z
  • Danke erhalten: 1 Mal
read
Hi @jmeijer,

I am reading this and the previous thread for a while and I am feeling enthusiastic about what you guys achieve. Although I do not understand the details of dongles, knockoffs and ELM's, but I hope that your work will succeed.

For the moment I am having a hard time with my iCarsoft i907 to interprete what the device says, if I manage to fiddle the softkeys and the weird menu of the device. If you guys could develop some plug and play gadget "for the masses", it would be a lot easier for us to understand the capriciousness of a v1.0 electric car presumably.

Good luck!
Beste Grüße, Thomas
Auto: VW ID.4 Tech, EZ 6/2021
Moped: InnoScooter RETRO-L
Pedelec: Kalkhoff Pro Connect
PV-Anlage Winaico / SMA 7,36 kWp; Elco Auron Röhrenkollektoren

jmeijer
read
Thank you Thomas.
Jeroen - ZOE Q210 Nov 2013 - PV powered - CanZE co-developer http://canze.fisch.lu

NorZE
read
jmeijer hat geschrieben:Hi NorZE, don't hesitate to report weird things, here or in a PM. We've not thought about bug tracking yet, but that will come.
OK, I will. Email would probably be the easy solution though. A lot of things gets forgotten on the journey from the car to the house :)

jmeijer
read
We will use github for issue tracking, and post "instructions" on the canze.fisch.lu website how to do that. Stay tuned ;-)

Edit: the link to the issue part in github is up.

USER_AVATAR
  • Jan
  • Danke erhalten: 29 Mal
read
Kommt bei Dir auch schon Strom vom Dach? :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPRBxziQOI
Der Ioniq wartet schon auf die ersten Sonnenstrahlen. :)

jmeijer
read
As the gentleman stated in that video, "car hacking" has quite a few definitions. Let me just state for clarity that the people in this project are not trying to modify anything in the car, not even displaying funny messages on the dash. We just want to know and use and display more data that the car is willing to share with us, primarily to drive and/or charge smarter.

There is no writing or uploading to any of the ECU's. The only "writing" on the CANbus we do is asking ECU's for functional parameters in a request-reply fashion, i.e. "give me the uncorrected speed please".

I am completely aware of the negative connotation some people have with the word "hacking". From wikipedia:
Currently, "hacker" is used in two main conflicting ways

- as someone who is able to subvert computer security; if doing so for malicious purposes, the person can also be called a cracker.
- an adherent of the technology and programming subculture.

The controversy is usually based on the assumption that the term originally meant someone messing about with something in a positive sense, that is, using playful cleverness to achieve a goal. But then, it is supposed, the meaning of the term shifted over the decades since it first came into use in a computer context and came to refer to computer criminals.
I leave it to the reader to figure out how the CanZE team should be qualified ;)

On a completely different note, and I think I forgot to mention this earlier, the Fluence ZE is in terms of CANbus messages rather similar to the Zoe (and somewhat similar to the Nissan Leaf). So where I say "Zoe", what I really mean is "Zoe and Fluence ZE". The app will differentiate soon between those cars. As I am a Zoe owner myself, I cannot add much about Fluence ZE specifics though, but there are a couple of Fluence ZE owners aboard.
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „ZOE - Zubehör“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag