OTA For ioniq 5 is planned for December 16th

AntwortenAntworten Options Options Arrow

OTA For ioniq 5 is planned for December 16th

SonicSpinner
  • Danke erhalten: 750 Mal
read
Evening fellas.

I just got info sent to me directly in private, coming from a hyundai dealer in Europe, stating that an update for ioniq 5, is coming on 16th of December, which will enable the ota on ioniq 5.
A portal was mentioned for download. It was not clear to me if that's a dealers portal or customer portal (self update).
Edit: both portals will have the new update.
After this update, ota for map should become active.

But nevertheless, it's a good news. Early Xmas present :)
Oh and it's ota for map only...
Zuletzt geändert von SonicSpinner am Di 14. Dez 2021, 00:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Anzeige

Re: OTA For ioniq 5 is planned for December 16th

USER_AVATAR
  • Greylik
  • Danke erhalten: 56 Mal
read
Christmas is coming early this year.... thank you for the info, sonic spinner

Greylik

SonicSpinner
read
Ass just told that the update should be at the dealers portal AND the self update portal.
Let's cross out fingers that they keep their words :p

USER_AVATAR
  • roqu
  • Danke erhalten: 392 Mal
read
nice, now I only need my Ioniq 5 repaired...

So first map updates only or do you man infotainment overall?
IONIQ 5 - AWD - Shooting Star Grey

SonicSpinner
read
Supposedly map only atm

Udomann
  • Danke erhalten: 626 Mal
read
SonicSpinner hat geschrieben: Evening fellas.

I just got info sent to me directly in private, coming from a hyundai dealer in Europe, stating that an update for ioniq 5, is coming on 16th of December.
A portal was mentioned for download. It was not clear to me if that's a dealers portal or customer portal (self update).

I am sorry, but that has nothing to do with your title "OTA", OTA means "over the air", that is, when your car informs the driver the next morning, that an update has been downloaded and ask you, if you want to install it now or later.

OTA means directly over the air to your car, over the air.

What you mean, that is quite a normal self-conducting upload process by internet, by cable, not over the air from a server from Hyundai to your computer, download it by yourself, upload the data on a USB-stick by yourself and stick this USB-device into the socket of your car, that is miles away from an OTA-process.

michelsberg
read
It seems logical to me that you first need a new software on your device (car) in order to receive future updates OTA.
Ioniq 5 RWD | 19" | 72.6kWh | Techniq | 10/21 | 45000km | ICCU-Wechsel: 0 (nächste ist bestellt)

Udomann
  • Danke erhalten: 626 Mal
read
@michelsberg: Yes, that is clear. But I don't know, if Hyundai will make that happen und if, when that will come true.

On the other hand, I am not sure, if I want that, Hyundai or who ever might have hacked the code, can send to your car what ever they want, that can also be by example a reduction of the maximum speed or your battery will be smaller after an update or a hacker might block your car or wahtever.

Maybe I am paranoid, maybe .....

SonicSpinner
read
Udomann hat geschrieben:
SonicSpinner hat geschrieben: Evening fellas.

I just got info sent to me directly in private, coming from a hyundai dealer in Europe, stating that an update for ioniq 5, is coming on 16th of December.

I am sorry, but that has nothing to do with your title "OTA", OTA means "over the air", that is, when your car informs the driver the next morning, that an update has been downloaded and ask you, if you want to install it now or later.

OTA means directly over the air to your car, over the air.

What you mean, that is quite a normal self-conducting upload process by internet, by cable, not over the air from a server from Hyundai to your computer, download it by yourself, upload the data on a USB-stick by yourself and stick this USB-device into the socket of your car, that is miles away from an OTA-process.
Ok...

Sorry, I didn't explain my self clearly.
I just edited the first post :)

SonicSpinner
read
Udomann hat geschrieben: @michelsberg: Yes, that is clear. But I don't know, if Hyundai will make that happen und if, when that will come true.

On the other hand, I am not sure, if I want that, Hyundai or who ever might have hacked the code, can send to your car what ever they want, that can also be by example a reduction of the maximum speed or your battery will be smaller after an update or a hacker might block your car or wahtever.

Maybe I am paranoid, maybe .....
Definetly paranoid as hell. You shouldn't even be online. Kim jun ung is watching you!
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „IONIQ 5 - Infotainment“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag