Wireless Carplay on ioniq ev

Wireless Carplay on ioniq ev

SonicSpinner
  • Danke erhalten: 750 Mal
read
Hey Guys.

I wanted to hear you guys about something. A Dude on a danish ioniq group wrote. that Hyundai or Hyundai DK is working on a software update, to be able to enable Wireless carplay capabilities on the car...

I mean, i dont believe it. He even called Hyundai DK, and they werent rejecting it, he said maybe in the future...

Im almost certain its not possible, since a true wireless carplay require a clean bluetoot AND wifi connection.

For instance the carplay2air dongle, creates an internal wifi signal, in order to cast the carplay to the headunit wirelessly.

what do you guys think?
Anzeige

Re: Wireless Carplay on ioniq ev

USER_AVATAR
  • eNico
  • Danke erhalten: 52 Mal
read
Pretty sure european Ioniqs won´t be able to wireless airplay by only software update. I´m willing to spend those 150 Euros for the wireless2air USB Dongle, but yet I have no Ioniq...
Ioniq vFL - mit 28kWh voll Fahrspaß unterwegs :mrgreen:

rhenus
  • Danke erhalten: 5 Mal
read
I am also thinking about getting the carplay2air device. There are two options: 1) for factory build-in CarPlay-devices 2) for android CarPlay-devices. Our Ioniq on-board unit is both. Due to this it's not clear to me, if the cheaper one (2) does its job or if for the Ioniq one needs the more expensive one (1). Asked their customer service and will update the answer here as soon as I got it.

SonicSpinner
read
rhenus hat geschrieben: I am also thinking about getting the carplay2air device. There are two options: 1) for factory build-in CarPlay-devices 2) for android CarPlay-devices. Our Ioniq on-board unit is both. Due to this it's not clear to me, if the cheaper one (2) does its job or if for the Ioniq one needs the more expensive one (1). Asked their customer service and will update the answer here as soon as I got it.
Hmm are you sure our unit can do the android part? As far as I understood it has to be a clean android head unit. Our is I think is kinda semi android. Let us know what you figure out

rhenus
  • Danke erhalten: 5 Mal
read
Their support told me to order the cheaper (Android) one: https://carplay2air.com/products/carpla ... irror-link

Let’s wait together for the shipping and see, if it works. I’ll keep you posted here.

SonicSpinner
read
rhenus hat geschrieben: Their support told me to order the cheaper (Android) one: https://carplay2air.com/products/carpla ... irror-link

Let’s wait together for the shipping and see, if it works. I’ll keep you posted here.

Cool please let me know .

USER_AVATAR
  • Wicked
  • Danke erhalten: 37 Mal
read
I've found a discussion (in german) about that dongle: https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/carplay ... ml?page=23
I know its about volvo but in the middle of the thread is a guy with a hyundai-hu and he is using that wifi-dongle... these guys are talking about dongle fw-updates etc.
Looks promising...
2019 - 2022: Hyundai IONIQ Electric vFL
2022 - ....... : KIA EV6 GT-Line 77er RWD

&charge - 10km für dich, 10km für mich: https://and-charge.com/#/invite-friends?code=ZQZPAC

SonicSpinner
read
Wicked hat geschrieben: I've found a discussion (in german) about that dongle: https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/carplay ... ml?page=23
I know its about volvo but in the middle of the thread is a guy with a hyundai-hu and he is using that wifi-dongle... these guys are talking about dongle fw-updates etc.
Looks promising...
cool.,

Still want to know whether if i play youtube or other videos , will it be smooth on this wireless dongle or will i have lag or delay

SonicSpinner
read
rhenus hat geschrieben: I am also thinking about getting the carplay2air device. There are two options: 1) for factory build-in CarPlay-devices 2) for android CarPlay-devices. Our Ioniq on-board unit is both. Due to this it's not clear to me, if the cheaper one (2) does its job or if for the Ioniq one needs the more expensive one (1). Asked their customer service and will update the answer here as soon as I got it.
have you bought the device?
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „IONIQ - Infotainment“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag