Twizy, dafür oder dagegen ?

Twizy, dafür oder dagegen ?

Stitcha
read
Hallo,

I am a French student in an Engineering School in Paris and I have to make a study about the vehicle Twizy (from Renault) in the German market for Renault.

So, if I do not bother you I would like to ask you two simple questions which are: What do you think about Twizy ? What are their weak aspect and their advantages ?
It is more easy for me to ask you in english because my level in German isn't so good :( and it would be possible to answer in english please.

Thank you for your consideration.
Anzeige

Re: Twizy, dafür oder dagegen ?

gertbue
read
Hello Stitcha,
I am enthusiastic about the Twizy.
My Twizy was delivered in late April this year and I have used it daily until end of October. Now it is parked in the show room of the local Renault dealer where everyone can have a look at it. During winter I do not regard the Twizy as a viable car. In March I will bring it back to the roads.
In summary, I can say that driving the Twizy is sheer fun. Not only that you safe money and time not having to stop at the gas station, you also get back in touch with the rough reality of the road - something that I have missed since the days when I drove the R4. You realize again the physics of suspension, accelaration and breaking, so you become a more careful driver.
Sitting in the Twizy I get back to the time when I was young (I am 59) and when I wondered about the pollution by car exhausts and the brutal noise combustion engines produce. We are all completely nuts, you think to yourself when surrounded by SUVs and Trucks waiting at the traffic light. Enough is enough.
So, in a nutshell, driving the Twizy is lifestyle, and I love it.
Gert
A former Audi driver (now too fat, too big, too expensive for me - I feel glad that I got rid of it :)

USER_AVATAR
  • dibu
  • Danke erhalten: 218 Mal
read
In my opinion, the Twizy is a great vehicle for big cities because it is something between a motorcycle and a "real" car. I drove Twizy for a long test distance and it was really amazing. In the city you are as fast (or even faster) as all the other cars and you have much less stress in finding a parking area. I rode motorcycles for many years, so I have an idea of their advantages and disadvantages. The disadvantage of Twizy in that respect is the width of the car, so you can not pass easily in narrow gaps at traffic jams. The advantage is the roof, so you are much better protected against rain. Although I really like this vehicle, I guess that it will be of restricted use, i.e. it will be used mainly in big cities, where it has its advantages. For my own purposes, Twizy is not my favourite, because the space for luggage is very small and the number of seats is too few. I will buy a Zoé next year. But for people in cities like Berlin or Frankfurt Twizy can be a good choice.

Guy
  • Danke erhalten: 505 Mal
Administrator
read
Hi Stitcha,

dafür ;)

It's a great little car, if you want to call it a car.
I drove it just a few minutes, but i liked it a lot. It felt like a combination of a scooter and a go-cart, lots of fun.
In urban areas during summer, it's perfect for sure. But it's not always summer and not everybody lives in the city. I, for instance, live in the countryside, the next city is about 30 km from here and I need one car for the whole year, a car I can do the weekend shopping with.

So the Renault Twizy doesn't suit my needs, but I can imagine it to be perfect for a lot of people, maybe as a second car.

just my 2 cents
Guy

USER_AVATAR
  • Snuups
  • Danke erhalten: 89 Mal
read
Hi Stitcha

The Twizzy would be perfect to commute to my Work and back or for small shopping needs. But without proper doors no way. In Switzerland we have cold winter and wind. A vehicle only for nice weather is pretty much half useful. For twice the money you can get a real electric car.
Liebe Grüsse
Snuups

Tesla Model S P85 12/13 - CT Bestellt

Wackelstein
  • Danke erhalten: 14 Mal
read
Hi!

I'm an owner of a Twizy since more than 2 years now. Normally I didn't use it from December to February since winters could get very cold in our area. But since we now have a teenager in our house who recently got his own driving license, I used it this winter also to drive to work or for other short trips.
And I can tell you: If you wear clothes which you would wear for a walk, then there's no problem driving a Twizy also at -15°C and in snow.

Twizy is incredible fun in Summer. It's like a scooter, but much more save. But it is useable also in winter - although then it's not so funny to drive it. In cities there's no better vehicle than a Twizy. You always find a car park and it's easy to navigate through narrow streets.

It's disadvantage is clearly the short range. In winter it's less then 50km; in sommer it's 75km. Also the breaks are a problem. This year they need to be changed which will cost a lot.
Meine Liebe zu Benzin/Diesel steigt mit dem Quadrat der Entfernung

USER_AVATAR
  • stromer
  • Danke erhalten: 7 Mal
read
Ihr wisst aber schon, daß ihr auf eine Frage aus dem Jahr 2012 antwortet.
2009 Vectrix VX1 / 2011 Nissan Leaf / 2012 Renault Twizy / 2013 Renault Zoe Intens Q210 / 2014 Renault Zoe Intens Q210 / 2015 Renault Zoe Zen Q210 / 2015 Tesla Model S 70D / 2017 Renault Zoe Intens Q90 ZE40 / 2018 Tesla Model 3 / 2018 Microlino

Wackelstein
  • Danke erhalten: 14 Mal
read
:shock: Uuuuuups, Mann ist das peinlich :doof:
Meine Liebe zu Benzin/Diesel steigt mit dem Quadrat der Entfernung

USER_AVATAR
  • Snuups
  • Danke erhalten: 89 Mal
read
Wackelstein hat geschrieben::shock: Uuuuuups, Mann ist das peinlich :doof:
Jepp, ist es. Steht als viel interessantes Zeug im Forum.
Liebe Grüsse
Snuups

Tesla Model S P85 12/13 - CT Bestellt

USER_AVATAR
read
Ihr könnt aber super englisch :-D
Gruß Bernd
Hyundai Kona (64/19er), 60,000 km, Kona (64/21er) 30.000 km
Leaf Tekna: 108.000 km Erfahrung/verkauft :-)
In Planung: Ford Streetka-E-Roadster.
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Twizy - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag