Fluence with diesel webasto heating

Fluence with diesel webasto heating

jinko
  • Danke erhalten: 2 Mal
read
Hi all,

Today the webasto heater arrived and we are going to integrate it in the car.

Anybody already done this before?
Anzeige

Re: Fluence with diesel webasto heating

ZE_1000
  • Danke erhalten: 1 Mal
read
Hi,
my name is Bernd, and yes, I did integrate a heating in the Fluence. I didn't use a Diesel heating but a ethanol heating from Eberspächer (Hydronic E4S). I placed it in the space below the left front light ( I removed the light and the front coverage from below and installed it from below).I used 2 valves to set the heating in parallel to the electric heating, so I can use both indepentently. I finished the job yesterday, so I do not yet have many experience with it working, but first impression is great!
20171222_104537.jpg
Premounted on a console
20171222_104703.jpg
enough space to bulid it in
20171222_223551.jpg
the completely installed heating
I wish you and all the forum a merry Chistmas!
Fluence seit 10/2013 (72.000km)
PV 6KWp seit 6/2014
BHKW 5,3KW seit 1999

USER_AVATAR
  • Andi42
  • Danke erhalten: 57 Mal
read
Hallo Bernd,

coole (oder eher heiße) Sache. Ich hatte überlegt einen Diesel-Zuheizer einzubauen. Die gehen billig her.
Wo hast Du den Tank untergebracht? Unterm Rücksitz? oder an einer zugänglicheren Stelle?

Gruß
Andreas
Fluence Z.E. seit 12/2015 | Corbin Sparrow seit 09/2011 | Kewet ElJet3 von 10/2005 - 02/2016 | Peugeot Scootelec

jinko
read
Hi Bernd,

Yesterday I have build in my webasto.. My first try was: I removed the electric heater and placed the webasto... But! My car did not agree with this with giving a electric error with result... No cruise control.. And no airco! So I have build. It back to original and Iam also going to try it like you made.. This was my first choice but not the easy way! Removing and replacing the electric heater with webasto was really easy.. Only 30min mounting.. I have place the fuel tank 5L in the trunk

ZE_1000
  • Danke erhalten: 1 Mal
read
Hi Jinko,
The idea to replace the electric heating sounds really good and easy. I guess the reason why you get an error might be a interlock circuit which controls the intergrity of the whole HV- system. So if you unplug the heater, interlock is open and sets an error. To avoid this, the interlock must be bridged, but: you should be very concious what you are doing there, it is very dangerous to do experiments with 400V DC connectors!!!
On the other hand, I still want to you the electric heating for all day use, only for longer trips to use ethanol. I have integrated a small cylindic tank (1,5l) in the front behind the "motor". And it takes about 1-1,5l /100km.
Diesel or Benzin may be better, because it's cheaper, easier to get and has more specific energy.
My implementation is not yet perfect, I still have to figure out a solution to switch between electric and ethanol. At the moment, I completly switched of the electric heater.
Fluence seit 10/2013 (72.000km)
PV 6KWp seit 6/2014
BHKW 5,3KW seit 1999

jinko
read
Hi Bernd,

When you turn on the webasto.. And then turn on the internal heater will stop without error.. Because on the output hose there is a temp sensor which control the heater.. Like when the water temp. Is 60degrees it lowers output.. So when the webasto. Heat the water the inboard heater stops.. Without errore

USER_AVATAR
  • Andi42
  • Danke erhalten: 57 Mal
read
Hi Bernd,

I agree with Menno - the electric heater should only consume power until the ethanol heater reached its desired temperature (70°?).
This behaviour seems to be similar to the Kangoo where the electric heater uses some electricity at first instance but once the diesel heater kicked in then the electric heater goas down to 0Amps.

Cheers
Andreas
Fluence Z.E. seit 12/2015 | Corbin Sparrow seit 09/2011 | Kewet ElJet3 von 10/2005 - 02/2016 | Peugeot Scootelec

sgalvin
read
Hello all.

I am writing this in English as I cannot write German!
I have been reading the above posts and Google has been translating them from German automatically to English so I assume it will do the same for you.

I also am in the process of integrating a webasto into my Fluence ZE for winter use and have been researching the approaches that people have taken.

I have bought a 5kw diesel heater from a range rover and am testing it at present.

The webasto states a minimum 4-5 litre coolant volume, have people added tanks or its OK as is?

I agree the electric heater will reduce power to 0 kw when the fuel heater brings the water temperature up. On a Russian nissan leaf site, users added a 220 ohm resistor in place of the temperature sensor to force a temperature of 65 degc. In this way the electric heater does not operate.

My plan was to use the existing car water pump as a signal to start and stop the webasto. My logic being that this will start when heat is required and stop when not required.

Can anybody share some photographs of the connections with the existing heating hoses?

Thanks Steve (Ireland)

Andi42 hat geschrieben:Hi Bernd,

I agree with Menno - the electric heater should only consume power until the ethanol heater reached its desired temperature (70°?).
This behaviour seems to be similar to the Kangoo where the electric heater uses some elelctricity at first instance but once the diesel heater kicked in then the electric heater goas down to 0Amps.

Cheers
Andreas

jinko
read
Hi Sgalvin,

The onboard water is around 4-5liter so no worry.
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Fluence Z.E. - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag