Conversion of electric car

Alles über die Umrüstung zu einem Elektroauto

Conversion of electric car

Carloevnow
read
Hi everybody

I'm doing a research about the different regulamentations in europe regarding the conversion of combustion car into electric one, in this case, i would love to know what does a private persone should do to convert his car and have it approved and homologated to go on the public road in Germany(which test and laws does it have to pass).
Cheers

Carlo from Italy
Anzeige

Re: Conversion of electric car

dreamfish86
read
Ciao Carlo,

tanti saluti da Berlino ;o)

There are a couple of tests your electrified car has to pass. As a hint, watch this video on youtube, someone already made the job: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnoH_QdXSyo

The main ones I remeber were:

All components must be properly fixed. The (huge) batterie pack should be in front of the driver so that in case of an impact it won't hit your back. There must not be any touchable high voltage components. The frequency inverter must be properly shielded (you have to pass an EMC-Test (electromagnetic compatibility)). You need at least a heater for the windscreen in case of invisibility due to moisture.
You need a vacuum pump making the brake booster working or you have to replace brake components, so that a normal person can force an emergence stop.

Finally you have to demontsrate this to the MOT (in germany the TÜV). That's all so far I know.

Ciao,
Peter

Pivo
  • Danke erhalten: 22 Mal
read
Here's a company that converts cars to electric at least they can support you doing so.
http://www.reevolt.de/produkte/okomobil ... -umrusten/

They also sell DIY conversion kits for VW Beetle, Fiat 500 and Ford Ka.
http://www.elektroauto-karabag.de/reevolt-shop/
Nissan Leaf Tekna 2013 - 2020, Seit 2020: Honda e

Carloevnow
read
Then after the mechanical conversion and the Electromagnetical compatibilty all you have to do is having it approved by the TUV? is it a strict or expensive exam? thanks a lot for the answers!!

Pivo
  • Danke erhalten: 22 Mal
read
The TÜV is a must.
Mainly the TÜV checks the car for saftey.
Brakes, lights, ervry thing thight and no loose parts, no outstanding parts and so on.
Normally if one brings its car to the TÜV it costs about 90,-€ (varies locally), if the TÜV has no complains.
But as far as i know it exceeds this by far in most cases due to the TÜV has to register new parts in the papers.
Things get easier when you use parts that already have an approvment.
The electromagnetic tests are very expensive too.
In most cases you will be fine and done.

But you may run into some trouble:
In the cars licence papers it still will be approved as a car with a cumbustion engine.
Meaning you may get difficulties in case you want to have the tax exemption.
Tax and insurance fees will keep the same as approved in the papers.
In the case that the car is very old and never had a catalytic converter for exhaust cleaning, it may happen that you won't get the correct badge.
Thus you won't be allowed to drive in some environmental city zones.
No matter if the car now runs electric without any exhaust pipe, just due to the licence papers.
Relicensing the car and changing the papers may get very expensive.
But I am not sure about all this licensing process.

I highly recomend to ask someone with experience in converting cars.

Find some reports in this board here:
http://www.goingelectric.de/forum/umbau/
Nissan Leaf Tekna 2013 - 2020, Seit 2020: Honda e

Cavaron
  • Danke erhalten: 12 Mal
read
I heard that you can use already tested standard components for an EV-conversion, so that you don't have to do the EMC-test. IMHO Lorey-Maschinenbau does it this way.

alkakamble
read
At that point after the mechanical transformation and the Electromagnetical compatibilty you should simply having it affirmed by the TUV? is it an exacting or costly test? much obliged for the appropriate responses!!
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „Elektroauto-Umbau“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag