Can I use another wheel besides 6.5 16" Astana?

Can I use another wheel besides 6.5 16" Astana?

cove3
read
The e-Golf is coming to the US in the next week. I don't care much for the standard e-Golf wheels which are 6.5 16" "Astana". I've seen e-Golf images with different wheels. In particular I find the wheel which comes with the GTI which is 7.5 17" "Brooklyn" to be a much nicer looking wheel

Is there a problem with ride, stability, warranty, range, or aerodynamics in using a different wheel, particularly if it's a larger size? I'm not even sure if US dealers will do it, but as I'm planning to buy one as soon as I can get the Limestone color, I want to be prepared if wheels can be switched

I understand the e-golf wheels and tires have been optimized for range and aerodynamics. 16" size is fine with me. If a 16" Brooklyn or similar wheel exists, perhaps I could just use the tires that come with the car and have minimal problem with range, ride, warranty etc.

Ron

Bild
Zuletzt geändert von cove3 am Mo 3. Nov 2014, 20:09, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Anzeige

Re: Can I use another wheel besides 6.5 16" Astana?

Voltswagen
  • Danke erhalten: 5 Mal
read
cove3 hat geschrieben:The e-Golf is coming to the US in the next week or so. I don't care much for the standard e-Golf wheels which are 6.5 16" "Astana". I've seen e-Golf images with different wheels. In particular I find the wheel which comes with the GTI which is 7.5 17" "Brooklyn" to be a much nicer looking wheel

Is there a problem with ride/stability, warranty or aerodynamics in using a different wheel, particularly if it's a larger size. I'm not even sure if US dealers will want to bother with it, but as I'm planning to buy one as soon as I can get the Limestone color, I want to be prepared if wheels can be switched

Ron

Bild
The advantages and disadvantages of bigger wheels are the same as for normal cars.
But most important: Battery drains faster. I've heard up to 20% shorter distance with 18" Durban on the e-Golf. I wouls say 5-10% with 17", but make sure that your 17" tyres are extremely low roll-resistance
e-up! 12/2013-07/2015
e-Golf 12/2014-11/2017
Ampera-e 07/2017->
E-Tron Quattro reservert(Warte auf S)
i-Pace HSE First Edition Performance
Polestar 2 reserviert
VW ID3 1st reserviert(#80 in Norwegen)

USER_AVATAR
read
Hi Ron and still welcome here

sorry but most of us don't know how this is handled in US.
The e-Golf too can here in EU only be ordered with this "Astana" wheels.
But some wheel suppliers offer alternative wheels which can be mounted later.
You should talk about it with your dealer in US.

regards

Klaus
Ist das nicht gut ?
Ja ! Das ist nicht gut !
Vectrix VX1, 2009; BMW i3s, 2022; Tesla M3 LR AWD, 2023

Voltswagen
  • Danke erhalten: 5 Mal
read
Here in Norway the Volkswagen Norway sells all kinds of original VW-wheels together with the e-Golf.
There's no VAT on electric cars in Norway,and if you buy an extra set of wheels together with the car the wheels are also without the tax!! It's normal to buy 17" or 18" summer tires and put winter tyres on the "Astana"-wheels.
e-up! 12/2013-07/2015
e-Golf 12/2014-11/2017
Ampera-e 07/2017->
E-Tron Quattro reservert(Warte auf S)
i-Pace HSE First Edition Performance
Polestar 2 reserviert
VW ID3 1st reserviert(#80 in Norwegen)
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „e-Golf - Antrieb, Elektromotor“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten