What is the weight distribution of the e-Golf

What is the weight distribution of the e-Golf

cove3
read
Anybody know? Search does not find any percentage number. Only general comments

All the e-Golf reviews mention the cars handling and weight distribution " the e-Golf is closer to the 50:50 ideal than any other Golf variant" "battery is installed centrally in the vehicle floor w/low center of gravity with optimal weight distribution and results in very good handling"

I'd like a percentage.

Ron
Anzeige

Re: What is the weight distribution of the e-Golf

USER_AVATAR
  • std_ren
read
Ron, I don't understand your question...are you asking for an official statement from VW? I.e. weight distribution of the e-Golf is 51:49 (front:back)...? I always read the numbers like this e.g. 60:40 means 60% of the vehicles weight is on the front wheels and 40% on the back (when empty and filled). So, what do you mean by "I'd like a percentage"?

USER_AVATAR
read
Ja, wie ist denn nun die Gewichtsverteilung beim E-Golf , Vorderachse zu Hinterachse in % ? Einfache Frage und danach hat er gefragt . Weiss jemand die Antwort ? Eine Quelle ?
Ist das nicht gut ?
Ja ! Das ist nicht gut !

cove3
read
It's the 51/49 number I was looking for. Do you have a source for this, as I couldn't find it anywhere.

This came about because of a reply to my post on a bmw i3 forum. I posted the Motor Trend Car of the Year award to e-Golf and other similar awards and said the e-Golf was a strong competitor to the i3. The replies pretty much dissed the e-golf, one of the arguments being lower weight, 50/50 weight distribution and RWD was what real men wanted and thus the e-Golf was a non-competitor

I responded that part of the weight was the e-Golf was a bigger car by 10", is $10,000 MSRP less expensive due to being fully loaded, has two full rear doors, is 5 passenger since it is FWD and doesn't need the hump, and reviews said it handled well due to almost equal weight distribution

I found the weight distribution for the i3 and it's not 50/50 but 47/53 front/rear in the BEV and 44/56 in the REX. I also found that front-wheel drive is better for most vehicles. The exception is in high performance race cars, where rear wheel drive is better. Even many "sports cars" are front wheel drive.
http://askville.amazon.com/Front-wheel- ... Id=3870339

I have NOT found the 51/49 or whatever it is for the e-Golf anywhere on the internet. Hence my question if anyone knows.

Regardless of what it is, I'm getting an e-Golf as soon as I can find one in Urano metallic or Limestone metallic Of the 117 for sale in the US, only one is gray and it's not in my area.

Ron

USER_AVATAR
  • std_ren
read
Sorry, can't answer your question. I can ask the sales rep in 2 weeks when I pick-up mine if he could let me know.
I was more concerned that the weight was NOT enough in the front (driving uphill on a snowy road).

Regarding "sporty handling" of the e-Gold there is an interesting video (see other post "comparison of e-Golf & i3"). In that video the test-driver said the e-Golf handled better than the i3...at the end of the comparison both cars were equally good. I have driven both and they are both great EVs. The e-Golf is just more practical and less a green statement.

BTW the e-Golf has a hump. Part of the battery is stored there.

cove3
read
After more research, it turns out the i3 being 4 passenger is NOT due to the hump, which is minimal, but that BMW decided to put cup holders in the center position and not put in the seat belts and headrests which would be required for a 5th passenger
which is what e-golf did

So it has nothing to do with the i3 being RWD vs e-golf FWD. Still, I think years from now, the e-golf is going to outsell the i3 by a very wide margin. The i3s aluminum frame/carbon body just isn't enough to offset the e-golfs many advantages....much cheaper, 2 full rear doors, bigger cargo space, more normal looking etc

Ron

cove3
read
There are now 3 Urano gray metallics of the 118 for sale in the US but not near me. The majority seem to be white.

Has anyone seen a Urano metallic and Limestone metallic side by side.The EU urano is not metallic and some comments seem to think it's a little dead looking.

I'm afraid my local dealers assuming they get some in won't get both colors to be able to do a side by side compare.

Ron

USER_AVATAR
  • e-golfer
read
Ron,

the maxium allowed weight for the front axle is 970kg for the rear axle 1040kg so the ratio for the maximum weight is 48/52.

e-Golfer
Mit verschiedenen e-Golf seit Oktober 2014 bereits 90.000km elektrisch unterwegs

USER_AVATAR
  • std_ren
read
Front (L/R) 422 + 413 = 835 54.9
Back (L/R) 341 + 346 = 687 45.1
Total (L/R) 763 + 759 = 1522 100%

Pls verify, I "deciphered" the information out of a comparison video i3 vs e-Golf posted in this forum.
The video section for the e-Golf was blurred...

E-Golf empty Front/Back weight distribution: 55/45
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „e-Golf - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag