1. Your car must have the Enhanced Bluetooth option for the Office functionality to work.
2. On the iDrive go to Telephone > Configure Bluetooth and turn on Office.
3. On the iDrive go to Menu and select Office > Messages > and select All messages to be displayed.
4. On the iPhone go to Settings > Messages and make sure Messages are set to Send and Receive.
5. On the iPhone go to Settings > Notifications > Messages and make sure notifications are on, and set to View in Lock Screen. I haven't tested every combination for the notification settings, but I have mine set as follows.
- Notification Center is On
- Show 5 Recent Items
- Alert Style is Banners
- Badge App Icon is On
- Show Preview is On
- View in Lock Screen is On
6. On the iPhone go to Settings > Notifications > Mail and make sure notifications are on, and set to View in Lock Screen. Settings are same as number 5.
7. On the iPhone go to Settings > Bluetooth > and click on the BMW blue arrow link and make sure Show Notifications is selected.
8. To see the messages in the car your phone must be in the locked screen mode - so to test, send an email or text from another phone or computer."
Tesla Model S85, 2013
Renault Twizy 45, 2015
BMW i3 BEV, 2014
Zagato Zele 1000, 1975