Help Finding i3 European Front License Plate Frame

Help Finding i3 European Front License Plate Frame

drewfaulk
read
I'm a new i3 owner in the US, and I'm hoping someone here might be willing to help me locate a European front license plate frame (or just the correct part number) as in the attached picture. I have found two different part numbers (51117306353 and 51117306351), but one appears to be for China, and the other for Japan. I ordered an authentic German front license plate for my i3, but the cheap frame it came with does not attach to the bumper well. I am hoping to find the factory BMW one that comes with the European i3 that contours to the front bumper. Any help anyone could offer would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Dateianhänge
Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 8.56.23 PM.png
Anzeige

Re: Help Finding i3 European Front License Plate Frame

USER_AVATAR
  • BiEmDablju
  • Danke erhalten: 1 Mal
read
Hi
I guess the easiest way is amazon - there are plenty of these in any quality you would like!

https://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_ ... land&ajr=0
BMW 330e :)

drewfaulk
read
Thanks so much for the response. I have see the aftermarket options, but am hoping to find the BMW part number. In the US, the front bumper plate frame the comes with the car contours to the front bumper of the i3 (it is made just for the i3). I am hoping to find the original BMW part for the European plates that comes on the European i3. I believe it should contour to the bumper better than the ones on Amazon....

Thanks again!

USER_AVATAR
read
Hi Drew...

My dealer didn' t use a plate holder at all ! He screwed the plate directly to the bumper. Looks perfekt !! :-)

Greetz
i3Harman8V

drewfaulk
read
Hi, i3Harman! I considered that, but I thought that it might be a problem when I sell the car, because our US plates are smaller than than European ones. When I remove the plate, the bumper would have visible holes in it that the buyer's plate wouldn't be big enough to cover.... Of course, if they also want a European front plate this wouldn't be an issue, but I'm hoping if I can find the original BMW frame and that I can use the same holes that are already in the bumper, and then just put my US plate frame back on when I sell the car one day. Thanks again for the response!

sebas
  • Danke erhalten: 12 Mal
read
I just went outside to check my I3.
The plate holder is screwed directly to the bumper in the far Corners.
So I belive you would have the same holes not covered by the smaller american plate.
My plate holder was installed by BMW so it should be "the original"

drewfaulk
read
I expected that I might have to drill new holes in it for that reason. Did you happen to notice if the plate holder is "contoured" to the bumper? In other words, is it just a flat, universal plate that could be used on any car and that has been bent to the curve of the bumper, or does the back side of it take the same shape of the subtle contours of the bumper, so the two parts fit together better? Thanks so much for confirming, sebas!

sebas
  • Danke erhalten: 12 Mal
read
As far as I see it the bumper is fairly flat at that space
so no real bending is necessary
I will go outside again to take some Pictures for you

USER_AVATAR
read
There are no special plate holder from BMW. In the bumper are only 2 holes prepared
20170207_170159.jpg
20170207_171114.jpg
BMW i3 von 03.2014 bis 12.2016 Bild
BMW i3 (94Ah) seit 12.2016 Bild
Model ☰ reserviert am 31.3.16

drewfaulk
read
You are right that there are only 2 holes, but the back of the BMW frame in the US is contoured to the bumper's shape (please see attached picture). It's subtle, but if you put the US frame up to the i3 bumper, it fits perfectly (like a puzzle piece), because it it is moulded to fit the i3 bumper and no other vehicles. I'm hoping to find a European equivalent. It sounds like there may not be one. Thanks to all!
Dateianhänge
Screen Shot 2017-02-07 at 12.23.52 PM.png
Zuletzt geändert von drewfaulk am Mi 8. Feb 2017, 00:49, insgesamt 2-mal geändert.
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „i3 - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag