Help for a foreigner using charging stations

Alles rund um das Stromtankstellenverzeichnis

Help for a foreigner using charging stations

mkuittinen
read
Hello all,

Sorry for posting this in English, but my German is not at a level I feel comfortable making forum posts.

I live in Finland and I am planning to visit Germany to buy a BMW i3 (lack of market here). I would most likely be travelling from Berlin to Travemünde. My worry is the charging stations. Will I be able to use the charging stations without a membership? My experience here in Finland is that you usually need a RFID tag or at least a credit card. I would not mind paying, but I would like to make sure beforehand that I will be able to charge. I have used the Routenplaner provided by this website (great service by the way!), but from the descriptions of the stations it is not completely clear to me always if a membership card or an app is needed. Another question: how much realistic range can I expect from a 60 Ah i3 in March? Is 120 km too optimistic?

Thank you,
--
m
Anzeige

Re: Help for a foreigner using charging stations

read
I strongly suggest to register with The New Motion and/or Plugsurfing before starting the trip. Registration is free. You only pay what you use.
Have your phone charged and the apps installed and configured.

Is your i3 capable of charging via CCS?

If so, I suggest this trip: http://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankst ... r/1102606/

The first stop is allego which you can definitely pay with either of those apps.
The second stop is the tricky part. It's a rather slow Type 2 station - but you pretty much have no choice here because you drive through the worst possible area in Germany when it comes to charging stations. This station should be usable with either of those 2 apps as well. You'll need a charging cable (Type 2) here. Make sure to get one when you buy the car!
Correction: The last costs money now too! You pay with cash at the register.

The longest leg is 108 km which should be no problem unless you get careless and start to race.

Feel free to message me and I will send you my telephone number. Call me if you get into trouble and I will try to help you.
Zuletzt geändert von umrath am Do 2. Mär 2017, 18:54, insgesamt 3-mal geändert.
IONIQ "Bumblebee" 05.04.2017-18.11.2018
Kona "Pummel" 22.11.2018 -17.09.2019
Model 3 "Schneeweißchen" seit 26.09.2019
Zero SR/F (seit 3/21)

geko
  • Danke erhalten: 63 Mal
read
Hi, welcome to this forum.

The range is very dependent on speed and temperature. I always calculate with 110 km at 100 km/h - with this estimate I am on the safe side. The only CCS chargers that do not need ID cards are from T&R/Tank&Rast, ALDI SÜD (not on your route), BMW ChargeNow, LIDL and IKEA - and some more car dealers.

I think you want to use one allego-Charger on your route in Neuruppin. You can activate this charger with the NewMotion/PlugSurfing smartphone app or pay with PayPal/credit card (intercharge direct - smartphone with internet access needed). Same with the innogy charging station on this route. Be aware that the innogy charger is rather slow (AC)! Take a long break ;-)

Many of us here (including me) are happy to assist you, even in real time while you are driving. Keep us posted! If you get in trouble we can activate some chargers afar.

@umrath: I would rather recommend this CCS-Charger in Schwerin http://www.goingelectric.de/stromtankst ... -1b/16853/ (available Mon-Sat, daytime).
emobly. Das Magazin für Elektroautos. Unabhängig. Authentisch. Elektrisch.

read
So how about this route? A little bit more of distance, but only CCS charging points, so it should save time, however. At (C) they ask for a donation of about 28 ct per charged kWh, to put into the letterbox of the firm "Markus Goltz Naturstein", which is providing the charging point.
Gruß
Werner
Peugeot iOn Produktionsdatum 09/15 seit 01/16
Hyundai ioniq 5 RWD LR seit 11/21

read
@geko: Yes, that would be possible - if he's driving at the right time. I wouldn't suggest that route unless I know when you are driving.

@IOnier: That's a slipperly slope. Yes, it's a CCS-Charger and therefore faster (if the i3 is even CCS-capable) - but if that charger is not available then you are royally screwed because you drive quite a detour and lack any kind of alternative option because the area around Wittenberge is no mens land and there are almost no (public) chargers in that area. Besides: The B5 is not exactly pleasant to drive.
Zero SR/F (seit 3/21)

read
This is generally one of the worst routes to drive in Germany.
I assume Travemünde is fix und not up for any discussion? It's by far easier to reach other ports like Stralsund, Greifswald or even Rostock?
Zero SR/F (seit 3/21)

read
I would prefer the CCS-only route. ;)
Gruß Ingo

read
umrath hat geschrieben:@IOnier: That's a slipperly slope. Yes, it's a CCS-Charger and therefore faster (if the i3 is even CCS-capable) - but if that charger is not available then you are royally screwed because you drive quite a detour and lack any kind of alternative option because the area around Wittenberge is no mens land and there are almost no (public) chargers in that area.
Perhaps someone in this forum lives near to that charger at Geestgottberg and might test it just before m goes for it; as we could do with the other chargers . We could give him safety.
Besides: The B5 is not exactly pleasant to drive.
I don't know the B5. But as far as I'm concerned, I much more like to drive "B" and "L" or even below than "A". It's so ... boring :mrgreen:
Gruß
Werner
Peugeot iOn Produktionsdatum 09/15 seit 01/16
Hyundai ioniq 5 RWD LR seit 11/21

mkuittinen
read
Thank you all for the very helpful tips and offers for assistance! I went ahead and ordered both the plugsurfer and new motion keys. They apparently work in Finland as well. I agree that this route does look a bit challenging, especially regarding the second 22 kW charge point. I think I will be in trouble if that station is out of order. What is the maximum power the 60Ah i3 accepts with the type 2 plug, 7.4 kW? I dont mind waiting a bit longer, the ship wont leave until 3:00 (night). Another option could be driving through the Baltic countries but I am doubtful of their charging infrastructure. Going from Rostock to Malmö and then to Stockholm looks better, but I think I prefer taking a ship from Travemünde.
The car should be with CCS option. At least the advert says schnellladefunktion and when I asked the dealer he confirmed it is AC/DC. I think the DC 50 kW is a must if you want to leave town, the AC fast charging maybe not so much. You can see the car advert here: https://home.mobile.de/RILLERSCHNAUCKGM ... _240194702
It says "ladekabel" but this probably refers to the schukocharger. It seems odd that they would not supply the type 2 cable if the car has fast charging option.

read
You should check if the is an Typ2-Kabel. Otherwise you have to buy one of these:

https://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-i3-schnel ... asche.html

The route with CCS only looks good to me. The charging-spot in the nowhere seems to be safe. You also have some additional AC-spots.
Gruß Ingo
Anzeige
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „GoingElectric Stromtankstellen“

Gehe zu Profile