Nachbesserung Schnelllader BMW Service Action – B61 31 14 KL

Nachbesserung Schnelllader BMW Service Action – B61 31 14 KL

USER_AVATAR
  • HyperMiler
read
:?:

In den USA gab / gibt es offensichtlich eine Nachbesserungsaktion der auf < 5 kW gedrosselten eigentlich 7,4 kW Schnellader.

Ist die Drosselung und Nachbesserung hier auch erfolgt?

http://insideevs.com/bmw-to-finally-rep ... ging-rate/

BMW i3

With This Cord Plugged In, The BMW i3 Will Now Charge At Its Promised Rate After Onboard Charger Replacement
When the BMW i3 launched in the U.S., BMW promised a Level 2 charging rate of over 7.0 kW.

Promised Versus Delivered

While the promise was over 7.0 kW (7.4 kW to be precise), several U.S. i3s began to blow what’s known as the KLE (onboard charger). BMW’s response was to push through an update that effectively limited charging to between 4 and 5.5 kW. In essence, the i3 was no longer the electric car that BMW promised, at least for those who got the update. However, some i3 owners squeezed through the holes, managing to avoid the update as long as possible. Several of those owners later experienced onboard charger failure. There were even some i3 owners who demanded and received a buyback from BMW on the grounds that the car did not match the charging specifications released by BMW.

Resolution

BMW isn’t being open is regards to the actual issue. With years of testing electric cars under its belt, you’d think that the German automaker would’ve equipped the i3 with a robust onboard charger. However, the same issues that plagued BMW ActiveE owners continue to be problematic for new i3 buyers.

Fortunately, BMW finally claims to have fix for a problem that’s been irking i3 owners for a long time now.

BMW has issued a service campaign to replace the onboard chargers in affected vehicles. This, along with a software update, should restore the i3’s charging rate back to 7.0 kW or higher.

Beta Testing

Some i3 owners have been beta testing this replacement onboard charger for a few weeks now. To the best of our knowledge, no problems have been reported with this new unit.

What To Do

If you own an i3 in the U.S., contact your dealer to see if your vehicle is among the affected cars. Onboard chargers will be replaced free of charge. A software update will be needed to restore maximum Level 2 charging.

For reference, here’s the official service action. Your dealer should be made aware of this:

Service Action – B61 31 14 KLE Update
Audi Etron 55 2019
BMW i3 120 Ah
BMW PHEV 2016
LEAF I pearlwhite bis 9/16
Anzeige

Re: Nachbesserung Schnelllader BMW Service Action – B61 31 1

USER_AVATAR
read
Klar auch hier erfolgt und etliche Zeit diskutiert - ich war auch einer derjenigen, bei denen die KLE abgeraucht ist. Eine Drosselung hatte ich aber nicht (bekam eine neue KLE) - andere schon.
Technikblog & Shop: http://www.elektrifiziert.net
PV 18,2kWp - BHKW EcoPower 1.0, 30kWh LiON Sunny Island System
BMW i3 60Ah (Verbrauch ca. 13,8kWh/100km; SW: I001-16-07-506)

USER_AVATAR
  • HyperMiler
read
:!: Danke!!! :!:
Audi Etron 55 2019
BMW i3 120 Ah
BMW PHEV 2016
LEAF I pearlwhite bis 9/16

USER_AVATAR
  • i3André
read
Hallo,

bei mir wurde auch "nachgebessert", die Drosselung der Ladung aufgehoben, eine neue KLE installiert und eine neue Software aufgespielt. Ist allerdings auch schon etliche Monate her.

Gruß

André
AntwortenAntworten

Zurück zu „i3 - Allgemeine Themen“

Gehe zu Profile
  • Vergleichbare Themen
    Antworten
    Zugriffe
    Letzter Beitrag